There is a point in every customer journey where they are doing research. Everyone is aware of the first moment of truth (when the client converts and spends money) and the second moment of truth (when people talk about their interaction with your business). Yet, many are not aware of the zero moment of truth (ZMOT), a phrase coined by Google in 2011.
The ZMOT happens when people research a product they might be interested in. The most critical thing about the ZMOT is that if people are interested in or looking for a product or service you offer, they have to be able to find you.
Google My Business (GMB)
not only provides a free listing for your business, but it also provides your location, contact information, and hours of operation. It is a virtual billboard in a world of online noise. It helps people find you faster, see your interactions when answering questions, and provides a simple place for people to read reviews of other customers.
- Your Business Profile makes you:
- Appear more credible online
- Get found in local search results
- Persuade more potential customers to buy
- Create more repeat business
- Make your online ads more effective
Remember, the simpler you make it for potential customers directly from your GMB profile, the more sales you have the chance to attract.
When researching where to buy, potential clients search online for not only the products and services offered but how reliable and trustworthy your business is, based on reviews. This means that incomplete Google My Business profiles create a sense of doubt. For example, a local business listing without a logo, description, or photos causes a sense of wonder of how serious your business is, or if it even still exists.
Claim your Google My Business
- When you claim your Business Profile, you need to include:
- your business names
- your URL
- a description of you your business
- your contact information
- the hours you are open
- a link to your website
- a cover photo
- photos of the outside and inside of your business, as well as of your products
This ensures that your profile accurately portrays every aspect of your business, building confidence in potential clients. It turns out that businesses that have a complete and accurate profile are viewed as twice as reputable, thus making you more attractive to locals and tourists alike.
While the search engines are global, people searching for a product or service are most likely looking local (think about the Yelp algorithm). Most people searching utilize the “near me” option. By completing your Business Profile, it allows people to find you in local searches. This increases your opportunities for customer engagement.
The easier it is for potential customers to interact directly from your profile, the more sales you have the chance of attracting. Being clear about what you offer and how potential customers can interact with you makes the purchasing process more straightforward.
To do this, you should:
- Post pictures because images are a powerful tool for marketing your business. Share pictures of what your business looks like (inside and out), your products and services, and of satisfied customers (just make sure to get a photo release signed).
- Write posts on your Business Profile to highlight your products or any specials you may be running. The more often you post about promotions, you help take the indecision away from potential customers.
- Actively manage the part of your Business Profile where people frequently ask questions. It is crucial that you respond as quickly as possible. Doing this lets potential customers know that you are actively engaged and eager to provide quality products and services.
- Use a call-to-action button to allow customers to book a conversation or meeting. Having this available encourages potential customers to act while looking at the options, which increases the likelihood they will follow through.
Businesses that engage users with posts, photos, answers to common questions, and calls to action can create a profile that is more inviting to potential customers-–and more likely to attract clicks and visits.
Maintaining conversations with prior customers by updating your profile frequently (every few months) gives them a reason to look at your website or return to your store. Here is where you post about seasonal offerings or limited-time discounts, as well as share general news about your business. This is a great opportunity to build a relationship with customers who leave reviews. If the reviews are positive, this makes customers and clients feel valued and inspires more repeat business. If the reviews are negative, it allows you to reach out, resolve the issues, and win over an unhappy customer. And when thinking about your reviews, it is best practice to review them, letting everyone know you appreciate their business and comments.
Having a complete Google Business Profile assists in your digital marketing efforts.
A complete Business Profile on Google will make your digital marketing more effective by offering insights about who your potential local customers are and the way they best interact with your listing.
From the Insights tab in the Business Profile on Google dashboard, you can look at:
- How many customers visited your Business Profile?
- Which photos were viewed?
- Which buttons were clicked?
- Where people are searching from
The free insights provided by Business Profile on Google may be incorporated into your digital marketing efforts. Creating your Business Profile on Google is tremendously valuable for local businesses. It takes a small-time investment that pays dividends. It helps people find you and highlights the goods and services you offer. This will help you thrive.
Raine Digital is here to help you maximize your potential. If you have more questions, reach out to us today!